Horchata is a traditional Mexican drink, it’s considered to be a popular Mexican beverage. and it’s a very delicious drink as well. It is so easy to make homemade horchata, as all ingredients that you need to make horchata are easy to find them in the fridge in your kitchen daily. it is made with rice and cinnamon stick. Also, you need condensed milk and cold cups of water. for coating try almonds and cinnamon.
How to make creamy and slightly sweet and cinnamon flavors homemade horchata?
Horchata ingredients for the traditional Mexican drink
- 2 cups of water.
- 2 cups of milk (try to use sweet rice milk ).
- 60 grams of sliced almonds.
- a cup of sugar or less as you want (you can use hone )
- 2-3 whole cinnamon sticks.
- a cup of white rice try long-grain white rice (you can use a cup of any uncooked white rice such as basmati, brown rice, and ).
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and vanilla (1 tsp vanilla ).
- sweetened condensed milk at room temperature.
- you can be made it with chufa seeds for extra flavor and more nutrients.
the best horchata flavored with cinnamon preparation
- in the mixture add the rice and cinnamon sticks to a high-speed blender and then blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
- adding chufa, sweetness condensed milk, and almonds in the mixture to the rice before soaking and mix.
- add sugar, vanilla to the rice mixture in the blender, and some water ( 1 cup ) to soak the rice and blend the ingredients for 1 minute on high speed or blend them until finely pulverized.
- add the remaining contents, water, and milk in the recipe and make sure that your blender can fit the additional liquid pour in the remaining two cups of water and milk, or use large enough container to fit along with the additional liquid.
- strain solids from this delicious drink through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher or container to strain the mixture to be smooth.
- you should freeze the juice in the refrigerator as you must cooling it well before serving.
- you can serve the juice with some tiger nuts pieces, a splash of vanilla, and serve over ice if desired. try garnishing each serving with ground cinnamon or almonds and cinnamon garnish on the top of the glass.
- you can use seeds of coffee for garnishing as well for wonderful decoration.
- now it’s ready to serve and add cubes of ice at the top of the glass, you can keep the juice in the fridge for 3 days in bowls but avoid to keep it warm, make sure that you don’t leave it out of the fridge.
benefits of a common Mexico horchata drink :
- horchata is a very watery, caloric balance, healthy and energetic drink, especially when drinking it frozen beside meals ( try it with grilled chicken in a party meal ) or eating fruits.
- the recipes of a glass of horchata are a rich source of iron, protein, fat, vitamin E, Vitamin C, potassium, carbohydrates, and calcium.
- for vegan, you can make it dairy-free by replacing the whole milk with almond milk or coconut milk for fewer calories.
- if you don’t want to prepare it by our self you can drink horchata juice in restaurants.
horchata drink with banana ice cream and potato nests for birthday party
horchata cab be suitable for birthday parties as well, you can make a delicious simple buffet for a birthday party using horchata juice, banana ice cream as a simple dessert, and potato nest as a snack.
For the dinner you can try banana ice cream as a desert and potato nests as a main meal beside a glass of horchata juice, it’s a sweet lovely complete recipe.
Ingredients of banana ice-cream
- 2 cups of milk or .5 liter milk.
- 1 cup of pudding cream.
- 4 bananas.
- .5 cup of honey.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- 2 teaspoons smooth cinnamon or cinnamon which are roughly ground.
- 20 grams of your favorite nuts for cover.
Instructions of banana ice-cream
- in a big bowl mix milk, pudding cream, and honey.
- cut bananas into slides and mix them all.
- add vanilla and try the liquid type.
- freeze the mixture well.
- serving the balls of banana ice cream after decorated it with garnish nuts.
- you can cut up some fruits beside the banana ice cream
Ingredients of potato nests
- 1 kg peeled potatoes.
- 30 grams of butter.
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- 100 grams of cheese.
- 10 small tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley.
- 1tsp salt.
Instruction of potato nests
- Cook the peeled potatoes well in boiling water then drain the potatoes from the water.
- Mash the potatoes with salt, black pepper, and butter.
- put some of the cheese.
- shape the mixture into the small nest.
- cut the tomatoes into slices.
- fill the nests with parsley and tomatoes and the remaining cheese.
- put the nests into a tray then cook them under a grill for 10 minutes.
- serve it hot with frozen ice cream and cold juice for a funny birthday party.
In fact you should replace soda drinks with a healthy horchata drink in a parties and try to let a horchata drink be in your daily diet .
I would like to tell you that the horchata juice is one of my favorite energetic juice that I prefer drinking it daily with my family overnight or at any time for 24 hours to be happy, as it taste unique and it’s perfect and refreshing in a very hot day at summer.