original Atkins diet detailed a fast fitter diet schedule 2020
There are many dieting systems in the world to solve the obesity problem.
There are always pros and cons to each regimen, today we’ll talk about the original Atkins diet in detail, with the meal schedule for each phase.
The diet is a healthy, fast-acting, low-carb diet, rich in protein and fat, called the keto diet, Atkins recipes, or dashi.
The primary goal of the Atkins Diet “Dashti Arabi” is not only to lose weight but to treat a wide range of chronic diseases for which obesity was the main cause. Health is always the most important goal.
What is the Atkins diet in detail?
Atkins Diet: The term goes back to 1972 Dr. Robert Atkins, the scientist who invented this diet.
The idea is to eat very low amounts of carbohydrates, barely 5%, and rely only on healthy fats, proteins, and high-fiber vegetables.
The body begins burning the fats accumulated in the body to use as an energy source to replace glucose, and this process is called ketosis.
When ketones are released into the blood, they are the main source of energy, and here insulin levels are very low.
The original Atkins diet is one of the fastest programs used for slimming and losing weight quickly, in addition to many of the benefits provided by this system.
What are the causes of being overweight or obese?
- Mostly wrong eating habits, such as eating large amounts before bed.
- Not practicing any kind of sport, such as walking or running, at least.
- There is a problem with “burning” metabolism.
- As you notice that most of those who suffer from obesity eat fewer calories than those who are not overweight.
- A disease problem such as a defect in some of the glands that secrete hormones.
How do I start the Atkins diet program:
There are some notes that you should pay attention to before starting the regimen:
- This diet depends mainly on consuming 20 grams per day in the “first stage” of carbohydrates, which must be obtained from vegetables or fruits.
- There is no mandatory daily schedule that you adhere to, but there are allowed foods, and meals that are not allowed, which we will mention in detail.
- The amount of eating for protein and healthy fats is open until the onset of satiety, not until satiety.
- Do not stop eating for long periods until you feel hungry.
- Large quantities of water should be consumed after starting the Atkins diet.
The allowed foods in the Atkins diet
- Proteins of all kinds: red meat, whether it is cows, camels, sheep, or goats.
- Birds of all kinds: chickens, ducks, turkeys, or pigeons.
- Fish of all kinds such as tilapia, shrimp, and tuna.
- Vegetables are allowed, but there are some types that are forbidden, which we will mention in the section of prohibitions.
- Condiments are also permitted without sugar or any additives.
- Cheese is allowed either full fat or skimmed.
- Eggs in all its forms, whether fried or boiled.
Meals prohibited in the Atkins diet the first stage
- Starches of all kinds: corn, white and brown flour, lentils, beans, sweets, sugar, rice, pasta, canned foods, luncheons, nuts, honey, sweet potatoes, peas, beans, chickpeas.
- Fruits All fruits are forbidden in the first phase of the Atkins diet.
- Yogurt, fresh or pasteurized milk, and yogurt.
- Juices, soft drinks, Nescafe, espresso, and cappuccino.
What are the stages of the original Atkins diet in detail?
The first stage of the Atkins diet: induction or beginning
As the daily carbohydrate percentage should not exceed 20 grams only and there is no sugar in the meals, as the body begins to sense the melting of fats to search for a source of energy, weight is lost quickly during these days.
The second stage of the Atkins diet:
We start in the second stage when there are only 7 kilograms remaining on the ideal weight, the carbohydrate percentage is increased by 5 grams every week only up to a certain limit, and this stage may continue for weeks or months depending on the weight.
Start eating some types of fruits such as berries, watermelon, apricots, some nuts such as peanuts, walnuts and
almonds, but in the permissible limit of carbohydrates and not open.
The third stage of the Atkins diet:
We start at this stage when there are only 3 kilograms remaining of the ideal weight, where the body has lost most of
the extra weight and it has begun to the stabilization stage, and the weight loss in it is weak because the amount of
fat in the body is almost over.
This stage lasts two to three months, as it is allowed to eat 20 grams of starches two or three times a week only, such
as eating 20 nuts, or a potato in the oven, or one slice of pizza.
Some types of fruits such as apples, pomegranates, oranges, kiwis, mangoes, grapes, sweet potatoes, bananas,
apricots are added, and yogurt is added to milk, full-fat yogurt, bran bread, brown flour, and pasta.
The fourth stage of the Atkins diet:
This stage is called continuation or lifestyle, and here the sick person has reached the desired ideal weight.
And he must continue to follow the previous diet, for life, as the body becomes accustomed to healthy eating without
Damage to the Atkins diet system
Before starting this system, the person must do some tests such as liver enzymes, kidney function, sugar analysis,
and blood pressure.
- Those who started the Atkins diet may notice bitterness in the mouth, especially in the morning, so you should drink water at a rate of 3 to 4 liters per day.
- Feeling tired and exhausted due to the lack of sources of vitamins and minerals, so it is preferable to take some vitamins.
- Not to take dietary medication while applying this regimen because it may cause other health problems.
- It is preferable to walk for at least 15 minutes a day.