what is a Plant-based lifestyle?
plant-based lifestyle or a plant-based diet is a way of eating plant-based foods. On the other hand, this type of diet is not avoiding all animal products. a plant-based eating pattern is not as vegetarian or vegan. plant-based eating patterns are depending on the foods from the plant. In addition, animal products and processed foods are should be eaten in smaller quantities than people who eat a wide range of animal products and red meat.
what do plant-based eating patterns eat?
plant-based patterns eat foods from plant-like fruits and vegetables, seeds, nuts, legumes, and all other plants. they can eat based on whole foods and whole grains as well. Also, they can eat dairy and eggs. they may eat minimally processed foods and refined grains ( like added sugars, using white wheat ). Also, they can eat a little grams of red meat, chicken, and ﬁsh. So, a plant-based diet gives you much variety for eating what do you love compared to vegans or vegetarians people who don’t eat any animal protein or dairy.
what is the advantage of a plant-based diet?
- people found that plant based diet is reducing your risk of developing heart disease, overweight, and the levels of cholesterol.
- this diet can help you to significantly lower the risk of high blood pressure.
- this diet is very useful for weight loss and it improves beta-cell function.
- it’s rich in vegetables and rich in fruits as well. Also, it’s focused on nuts which is a good source of omega – 3 and a lot of vitamin s.
- diet not only benefits your primary care doctor but it helps to make the change to your life.
- plant based diets may also help you to reduce the risk of developing cancer and diabetes.
plant based diet needs for healthy nutrition
in this program you need to prepare a shopping list for whole food you will need of your diet, your list should contain components of a food pyramid to meet all nutritional supplements you need for a healthy body like ( fiber, vitamins, oils, enzymes, minerals, carbohydrates, amino acids ) :
- vegetables ( green beans, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato )
- fruits (apple, peach, pineapple, banana, kiwi, coconut, blackberries, avocado )
- grains (brown rice, brown rice pasta, whole grain bread )
- proteins sources (seafood, nuts, eggs, lean meats, fish ), you should focus on these types of food.
- dairy ( milk, yogurt, cheese ).
- healthy fat (olive oil, butter ).
- water ( you should drink a lot of water every day ).
remember that: a person who wants to be on a whole food plant based diet ( WFPB ), he should focus on vegetables, nuts, and fruits intake and all other food types will be eaten but in small quantities. Also, you should avoid all unhealthy fats like unsaturated fat found in a restaurant and fast food.
may be these diet is not suitable for athlete .
Does WFPB contain a dessert ?
In fact, WFPB may contain dessert. people who follow these diet can eat all vegan cookies and all-vegan bar like ( sweet potato with chocolate pops, vegan strawberry cheesecake, pumpkin cake ) .
Does WFPB contain a coffee ?
Yes, WFPB contains coffee. it’s a good beverage which helps you to burn fat and it contains a lot of nutrients as well. Also, it helps you to be happy and it improves your energy levels. So, you should drink it regularly in the morning during your diet.
common plant based diet recipes ideas
for breakfast :
try ( yogurt topped with slices of fresh kiwi mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey or tofu with a vegetable frittata or omelet egg with cheese and your favorite herbs ) + slice of toast + fresh orange juice.
for launch :
try ( large bowl of green salad + meatless chili + grilled shrimp ) + (slice of brown toast or cup of brown rice ) + cup of green.
for dinner :
try (ball of boiled sweet potato + slice of avocado + one cucumber ) or ( roasted vegetables and piece of grilled salmon ) + cup of anis without any sugar.
Chocolate mousse dessert for plant based diet
- 200 gm dark chocolate.
- 2 eggs .
- 250 grams of douple cream.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar.
- 1 tbsp butter.
- a little bit of sea salt .
- your favourite slices of fruits for garnishing and decorating.
- Put an inch of water in the saucepan then we put our bowl on top.
- Break up the chocolate blocks then put them in the pan with the butter and salt.
- over low heat put the pan and stir till the chocolate melt.
- put the cream into the serving bowl, add sugar, add vanilla.
- whisk the mixture then add the eggs.
- add the melted chocolate.
- then we are going to whisk the mixture slowly.
- put the mousse into the fridge
- serving it as a ball of mousse and garnish it with fruits and shaved chocolate.
Finally , join this program to be plant based person for healthful life , these diet is suitable for all family members . during WFPB diet you should prepare your meals by your self , you can share your friends with a delicious meals during plant based diet .