Vegetarian Quiches: Your amazing guide to preparing 3 different dishes
Vegetarian Quiche is good news for all vegetarians because the most popular quiche is Lorraine Quiche, which is stuffed with bacon, and is not suitable for vegetarians.
General information about quiche dish
Quiche is a French dish of origin, which appeared in the early thirteenth century in a border village located between Germany and France, and the dish probably derives its name from the German word Kuchen, which means cake or tart.
Quiche belongs to hollow pastry dishes, which can be filled with different types of foods such as meat, vegetables, and seafood.
And since this dish can be added to a wonderful variety of foods, it has spread in many countries of the world, and has gained overwhelming popularity, and has become served as the main dish on occasions, and some eat it in different daily meals, whether at lunch or dinner.
What are the components of vegetarian quiche
vegetarian Quiche is a dough made of eggs, flour, milk, and some other ingredients, which we will mention in the article, and the filling is varied, there are those who make it a sweet dish, using various fruits and chocolate, and some prefer vegetables, seafood, and cheese quiche, and what distinguishes quiche eaters is that it can be eaten hot or cold.
The most famous type of vegetarian quiche
- Sweet quiches, which contain fruits and various types of chocolate, as the filling ingredient
- The cheese quiche
- And mushroom quiche
- And vegetable quiche
- Spinach quiche
- Quiche tomato.
The benefits of the vegetarian quiche
- Because the vegetarian quiche contains eggs, it takes the nutritional value of eggs to supply the body with energy, protein, and carbohydrates.
- The quiche dish is one of the dishes that provide the body with high calories, as well as fat, because of the ingredients that the dish contains such as cheese and cream, but despite this, it may be considered a healthy dish if we choose the filling ingredients in a correct and healthy way, so adding vegetables or fruits will gain their benefits as well.
- The vegetarian quiche is rich in omega-3 and rich in iron and minerals in vegetables.
Tips for preparing a successful quiche dough
- It is preferable to spread the dough in a tartar tray, whose edges are curved, for a better result.
- Making holes in the dough after rolling it out with a fork gives a great result for your quiche.
- The filling is preferred to be placed over the dough.
- Putting the dough in a protective oven is one of the secrets of the success of the vegetarian quiche.
The easiest way to make the vegetarian quiche: –
As previously mentioned, the vegetarian quiche can be filled with multiple ingredients, some use vegetables, some use meat and chicken, and others use seafood, but this method is one of the easiest ways to make a quick and useful filling for me the vegetarian quiche, which is as follows: –
- Heat the bowl and put a little vegetable oil.
- Add the chopped mushrooms in the heat and leave them until golden
- Add eggs, cheese, carrots, bell pepper, olives, salt, and paprika, and mix the ingredients well.
- Put the whipping cream and leave it until the ingredients are soft.
Some recipes for Vegetarian quiche
Vegetarian quiche with vegetables
- A cup and a quarter of white flour.
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- 100 grams of cold butter, chopped into small pieces.
- Egg number.
- A quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
- 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
- A cup of cooking cream
- 2 eggs
- Chopped olives
- 1 medium grated carrot
- Colored pepper cut into small cubes
- Fresh mushrooms
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of dried thyme
- A quarter of a spoonful of paprika
How to prepare
We put the flour in a bowl and add the butter pieces and rub the flour well with the hands, after mixing the pieces of butter with the flour, we put the egg and knead the ingredients and add cold water gradually until the dough is well coherent. We leave the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour, and after that, it is spread out in a tray with edges and we pierce the dough with a fork to ensure a better result.
- Heat the vegetable oil put the mushrooms and stir well until the mushrooms change color
- Add the beaten eggs, cheese, carrots, colored bell peppers, cooking cream, and all ingredients and leave on the stove until soft.
- Put the filling over the dough and place it in a warm oven for half an hour or until the dish is browned
- The dish is served hot or cold, as desired.
Vegetarian quiche with spinach and mushrooms
- A cup and a half of white flour
- an egg
- Half a block of butter
- Teaspoon salt
- Spoon of thyme
- A pinch of brown pepper
- A kilo of spinach
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- A cup of mushrooms
- Teaspoon salt
- A quarter teaspoon of mixed spices
- A quarter of a spoonful of brown pepper
- Spoon tomato sumac
- an egg
- A cup of milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese block
How to prepare
- We heat the oven at 180 degrees
- Then we prepare the dough where we bring a bowl and add the flour, then put the butter and rub it by hand
- Put the egg, salt, and other ingredients into the dough and rub it well and add a little cold water to mix the dough.
- Put in the refrigerator for half an hour,
- We prepare the filling, heat the oil in a cooking pan, put the onion in the oil, then add the garlic and stir well,
- After that, we put chopped spinach on the ingredients and stir well
- Add the mushrooms, spices, and sumac, and stir the mixture well until it is soft and left to cool.
- We beat the egg with a cup of milk and put grated cheddar with them, then add the mixture to the filling after the filling cools and stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- We roll out the dough in a dedicated tart tray or tray with graduated edges, and we pierce the dough with a fork.
- We add the filling over the dough
- The tray is placed in the oven for 45 minutes and the dish is served hot