Vegetarian Nachos: 2 recipes for making the most delicious snack
Vegetarian nachos is one of the most important Mexican dishes, and it is very popular not only in Mexico but all over the world.
We will learn about this dish, the reason for naming the dish with this name, its various varieties, and the nutritional value of the nachos dish, in addition to showing the way to make tortilla bread, this main component of the dish, and also mentioning some recipes for the vegetarian nachos dish, and we will also display some notes to get healthy nachos.
read more: Vegetarian eggs
The botanical origin of nachos
The vegetarian nachos dish is one of the famous dishes that characterize Mexico, especially northern Mexico, and we know that Mexican cuisine is characterized by its first dependence on basic foodstuffs such as all kinds of flour and vegetables such as beans and hot pepper, and they did not depend on meat until after the Europeans introduced meat, poultry, milk, and spices.
read more: Vegetarian tapa
The reason why vegetarian nachos are so-called
The vegetarian nachos dish presented Ignacio Nacho Anaya, the owner of a small restaurant, wherein 1943 he was introduced to a group of American soldiers’ wives, who were shopping near the restaurant, specifically near Eval Pass in the city of Piedras Negras, and this group went to the Ignacio restaurant at this time He was going to close the restaurant, but upon their arrival, he welcomed them and greeted them, and they asked him to prepare a meal for them, and Ignacio entered the kitchen and found only a few ingredients, so he brought the tortilla chips and cut them into triangles and fried them in oil, and added grated cheddar cheese to it. And melted cheese, then he heated it in a short time, and then he added to the plate pickled jalapeno peppers and presented the dish to them, and after they ate the dish they liked it and asked for his name and he answered his special name nachos and from here the nachos began to appear.
read more: American Vegetarian café
Different types of nachos
- Vegetarian nachos, which includes fresh vegetables
- Filled nachos or super nachos
- Nachos with meat, be it beef or pork
- Chicken nachos
- Cheese nachos
read more: Maoz Vegetarian
The nutritional value of nachos
The nachos dish contains a high nutritional value because it contains many ingredients and therefore the nutritional value varies according to the dish, so we find that the vegetarian nachos dish contains many vegetables with high nutritional value, namely: –
- The nachos dish contains calories
- Provides the body with carbohydrates
- The dish is rich in protein
- Contains dietary fiber
And because the dish contains pickled jalapeno peppers, it gains its benefits which are: –
- Jalapeno peppers contain a large proportion of carbohydrates that work to control the level of sugar in the blood
- Jalapeno pepper, after many studies, is one of the best nutrients for the body that helps maintain a healthy heart and reduce exposure to strokes, stroke, and heart attacks.
- Eating jalapeno pepper relaxes blood vessels.
read more: Healthy vegetarian snacks
Vegetarian nachos recipes
Tortilla bread is one of the most important ingredients in a vegetarian nachos dish, so we will show you how to make tortilla bread.
- 3 cups of white flour
- A cup of warm water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Teaspoon salt
- Put the flour in a bowl, then add salt and vegetable oil to it
- Turn the ingredients by hand or with a spoon as desired, until the flour is well mixed with oil.
- Put the water gradually and continue kneading until a soft cohesive dough is formed
- The dough is formed into circular pieces and left to rest for 15 minutes
- Spread the dough well with an individual stick on a surface sprinkled with flour, and continue spreading until it becomes in the shape of a thin circle
- We heat a bowl well, then put the dough and leave it until browned, then turn over to the other side, so you get fresh tortilla bread ready for the meal.
read more: Applebees vegetarian restaurants
Nachos with vegetables
- Tortilla bread, cut triangles, or tortilla chips, as desired
- A packet of red beans
- 3 avocados
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green onions
- Half a can of corn
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- A chopped hot pepper
- 3 tablespoons of labneh or sour cream
- We put a little oil in a bowl on the fire and add the tortilla pieces to it and the bread is fried, and then placed on a plate
- Put half of the bread in a heatproof serving bowl, or replace the bread with tortilla chips, as desired.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the slices of fried bread and place the plate in the oven until the cheese melts
- Chop the vegetables in a longitudinal way
- After that, mash the avocado and put a pinch of salt, lemon juice, and a little oil
- Place the vegetables in the serving dish on top of the bread or tortilla chips, according to your desire. In the middle, put the tomatoes, and over them the labneh, with onions and hot peppers.
- Add the other amount of tortilla bread or chips with beans
- The last step is to distribute the mashed avocado on the plate as desired.
read more: Vegetarian potatoes recipes
Another recipe for vegetarian nachos
- 4 pieces of tortilla bread
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 avocados, cut into small pieces or mashed to taste
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- A teaspoon of brown pepper
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- A quarter cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Nachos sauce ingredients
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Red pepper
- Clove of minced garlic
- Juice of a large lemon
- Half a spoonful of olive oil
- Nachos cheese ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- A cup of warm milk
- 100 grams of cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Dry red pepper flakes
- A small onion, cut into small pieces
Lay the tortilla pieces on top of each other and cut them into 8 parts
Put the pieces in a deep bowl and add olive oil to them and stir well until the pieces are soaked in oil
Line up the bread pieces on a tray and place them on the grill for a period of 5-10 minutes.
Prepare nachos sauce
Heat the oil and put the garlic, then add the tomatoes and hot pepper and stir well
Add lemon juice and stir the mixture for two minutes and remove from the stove
Prepare nachos cheese
Put the butter in a bowl and heat it up
Add flour and stir well
We put a cup of milk on the mixture and keep stirring
When it boils, put the cheddar pieces and add salt and pepper to it
Remove from the stove and add the pepper and onions to it
How to prepare the dish
- Pieces of tortilla bread are placed in a serving dish
- Sprinkle the dish with cheddar cheese, and place it in the oven until melted
- In another bowl, put the avocado grains, put the grated garlic clove, lemon juice, and all the previous spices, and stir well.
- After extracting the dish from the oven, put the tomatoes, onions, and the avocado mixture
- Place nachos sauce and nachos cream next to the nachos dish.
read more: Vegetarian ham Vs Regular ham