4 easy Vegetarian Mexican recipe, and more
Vegetarian Mexican recipes are one of the topics that vegetarians search for most when they decide to break out of the ordinary and try new dishes and different foods without affecting their vegetarian diet.
Although Mexican cuisine has many dishes in which all kinds of meat are an essential element in preparing them, the main ingredients that Mexican cuisine relies on as a whole are primarily plant-based ingredients, varying between grains, vegetables, and fruits.
In this article, we will learn about Mexican cuisine, then mention the most delicious vegetarian Mexican recipes.
General information about Mexican cuisine
Mexican cuisine is the result of multiple civilizations rolled over that region, most notably the Maya and Aztec civilizations. After that, Mexican cuisine was influenced by European civilizations, especially during the Spanish occupation, and this historical mixture reflected a diversity of its cuisine.
In 2010, UNESCO Worldwide placed Mexican cuisine on the World Heritage List.
Mexican cuisine is characterized by its various flavors, we note the abundant use of herbs and spices, especially hot pepper.
Among the most important elements of Mexican cuisine are corn and beans, in addition to many types of vegetables, fruits, legumes, and meats.
Looking at these ingredients, it is easy to get a variety of vegetarian Mexican recipes and delicious dishes effortlessly.
Corn is available in Mexico, but Mexico is one of the countries that produces and consumes more corn. Corn is used in preparing tortillas, tamales, and amazes.
Tortillas are cornbread discs that are served with almost all dishes. They are usually sold semi-finished and tortillas can be roasted or fried in oil.
Beans are also an essential ingredient in Mexican cuisine, as beans of all kinds are used in many recipes, the most important of which is Mexican salad …
The fame of Mexican cuisine has surpassed Mexico and the American continent, so we see Mexican restaurants spread all over the world, and we notice the world’s enjoyment of these foods, not only in terms of taste, but because of the diversity of ingredients in Mexican dishes that give the dish this beautiful look and different colors, and among the most famous dishes in the world: Fajitas, Al nachos, and tacitos.
Delicious vegetarian Mexican recipes
We come to the exciting section of our article, delicious vegetarian Mexican recipes, which we mention for you in detail, and we hope that you like it.
Vegetarian Chorizo Taco with Masa
This dish has 3 main ingredients which are adobo sauce, chorizo mushroom, and masa quiso
These components are prepared as follows:
- Chop the hot pepper into medium-sized pieces, and immerse it in two cups of boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Roast the cloves and cumin in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring from time to time until the onions caramelize, then add the garlic slices and cook until its aroma appears and becomes soft, and after 5 minutes, the ground spices are added to it.
- We add hot pepper and soaking water to the previous mixture, and leave it to boil over medium heat for 15 minutes, leaving the pot uncovered until the flavors blend well.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender after it cools, and add vinegar and brown sugar to it, and mash the mixture until it becomes smooth. (It can be seasoned with salt as desired).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the chopped mushrooms to it, and cook for 10 minutes, taking into account the scraping of the bottom of the pot from time to time.
- When the mushrooms start to turn light brown, remove them from the stove and allow them to cool.
- Mix the mushrooms with rice in a food processor, then add a cup of adobo sauce, and mix them well until mixed.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, then add the onions and garlic to it and cook for 8 minutes until the mixture becomes soft, then leave to cool.
- Transfer the previous mixture to a blender and add the milk, cream, and Masa to it, and mash the mixture until very smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan and heat it over medium heat, then start the cooking phase on low heat to avoid burning the bottom of the pot. Whisk continuously until the Masa taste softens, and a very thick mixture is formed. This stage takes 8 minutes.
- Whisk a handful of cheese constantly and leave the cheese until it melts, and mixed with the additives.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized non-stick frying pan, preferably medium heat, add chorizo mushrooms and cook without stirring, until the lower face is cooked, then stir until the other side is soft.
- Divide the chorizo between the tortilla and topped it with crunchy mushrooms and masa queso served with pickled onions and cilantro.
More vegetarian Mexican recipes
Use olive oil, garlic, onions, and homemade or store-bought Taco shells to make this dish.
We also need cooked brown lentils, cheddar cheese, and sauce.
And to prepare:
- Cut the fennel and onions into cubes and saute them in oil over a medium heat until tender.
- Add garlic and lentils after drained and stir well
- Add the fajita spices while continuing to stir
- Meanwhile, we cook Taco shells in the oven for 2-3 minutes
- Lentils are stacked in a taco, followed by cheese, then sauce, and salad and tomato slices can be added on top.
Speedy Gonzales – Burrito Bowl
This dish is rich in plant ingredients, and anyone can prepare this dish in their own way.
Here are some suggested components.
Cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, capsicum, fajita spices, avocado, onions, tomatoes, sour cream olive oil, and grated cheese.
- Add half a head of cauliflower with some rice to a bowl and place in the microwave for 3 minutes, or the oven can be used for 12 minutes.
- Chop the capsicum, carrots, and zucchini into slices and fry in oil with the addition of fajita spices
- Add guacamole (as above) with cream and grated cheese on top.
Vegan Mexican Quinoa
Vegetarian quinoa is one of the most popular and strongest vegetarian Mexican recipes ever. It is very healthy and rich in protein and is eaten as a healthy dinner for weight loss.
We use the following ingredients to make sauces:
- Black beans
- Bell pepper + smoked sweet pepper
- Tomato paste
- Bay leaves
- Cumin + salt
- Boil dry quinoa in water and salt.
- The chopped onions are fried, then all the ingredients are added except for the chopped sweet pepper.
- Saute the marinated quinoa over low heat for 10 minutes, then add the chopped sweet capsicum to it, and serve.