Vegetarian ham is the perfect solution for those who are used to eating ham on birthdays, Thanksgiving, and various other occasions, but it is a hindrance for vegetarians.
Not anymore. In this article, we will talk about the ingredients of vegetarian ham, and why it gained popularity and met with love by many, and we will also show you the nutritional value of this dish.
read more: Vegetarian eggs
What do you know about vegetarian ham?
Vegetable ham is a meal that has received a lot of approval, its ingredients are natural and although it is complicated in manufacture, the result is wonderful and almost better than eating real ham, it tastes like meat so that while you eat it you can feel as if you are chewing steak, and it has value It is highly nutritious, and has no harm like regular ham.
read more: Vegetarian tapa
Ingredients for vegetarian ham
Vegetarian ham consists of several ingredients, and we will offer them an alternative for each ingredient if possible:
- Meat broth
- Smoked paprika, to get the flavor with the taste of smoked food and also to get the red color.
- Liquid smoke, the alternative has smoked sweet pepper that is available in the market
- Ketchup so that the taste is a little sweet
- Freshly minced garlic cloves
- Salt on request
- Unrefined coconut oil
- Tofu, to give a soft texture and can be replaced with a can of white beans, chickpeas, or boiled lupine.
- Wheat Gluten (there is no substitute for it).
These are the ingredients for vegetarian ham with alternatives, and we find that all of its ingredients are substitutes for meat such as wheat, soybeans, chickpeas, and lupine.
read more: American Vegetarian café
How to make vegetarian ham
- Heat a cup of broth and add paprika and liquid smoke or an alternative to smoked paprika
- Add the yeast, ketchup, garlic powder, and salt, and stir well
- Drain the previous ingredients well
- Place the ingredients in a blender with the tofu and blend until smooth
- Put the ingredients in a glass bowl, put the wheat gluten, and stir the ingredients well
- Knead the mixture well until a dough is formed
- The dough is placed in tin foil and rolled tightly in a cylindrical shape
- Put the vegetarian ham in a bowl of boiling water or a steamer basket so that the meat is exposed to steam
- We leave the vegetable meat steamed for 60 minutes while monitoring the water level.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
- Remove the foil paper and cut the meat into small 2 cm thick pieces
- To prepare the sauce, put a little vegetable broth, vegetable oil, smoked paprika, and salt, and stir well.
- Put the mixture on the vegetable meat pieces
- We put the vegetarian meat in the oven for no less than 25 minutes, watching the meat well, and put the sauce on it during the cooking process
- Then the vegetarian ham is served on a plate after slicing it with a serrated knife.
read more: Maoz Vegetarian
How is vegetarian ham stored?
After the vegetarian ham comes out of the oven and after leaving it to cool down, it can be kept in a tightly-closed container for 3-5 days, but if you prefer to store it, the meat must be wrapped well with tin foil and then put in the refrigerator bag and empty the excess air from it, in this way you can keep it For not less than three months.
read more: Vegetarian potatoes recipes
How to use after storage
We take the meat out of the freezer and leave it until the ice is defrosted, and the microwave can be used for this process, and after that, we make the meat sauce, which consists of vegetable oil, a little broth, paprika, salt, and pepper, and put the sauce on the meat and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
Is there a difference between traditional pork and vegetarian ham?
By adding little spices and flavors, we can get a taste similar to traditional pork, the plant materials used have their special taste, for example, beans or chickpeas have their taste, in addition to the taste of wheat gluten has a pleasant taste, so when mixing these ingredients and adding little spices and flavors as We mentioned before, we will be able to get a taste like pork, and it is highly nutritious.
read more: Vegetarian ham Vs Regular ham
The nutritional value of vegetarian ham
vegetarian ham is protein-dependent, with a protein content of 65-90%.
The components of vegetarian ham are low in fat, and thus are useful for patients with liver and triglycerides.
vegetarian ham chops contain a large amount of fiber, so it is recommended for colon patients, constipation patients, and gastrointestinal patients.
read more: Vegetarian strawberry cake
Did the vegetarian ham meet the public’s approval?
Since the beginning of the emergence of vegetarian ham, it was found that the reactions are positive, and it has been admired by many, especially since they know very well the benefit of vegetarian food, and therefore we find that vegetarian ham has met with the approval of the vegetarians.
And when non-vegetarians tasted it, it met with their liking as well because it meets their requirements in terms of taste and benefit.
read more: Hitler vegetarian
How to make roast vegetarian ham
- Vegetable broth
- Nutritional yeast
- Tomato paste
- Liquid smoke
- Maple syrup
- Ground cloves
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Pineapple chunks
- Wheat gluten
- White beans or boiled chickpeas
- olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Put the following ingredients in a blender, chickpeas, vegetable broth, olive oil, tomato paste, smoked paprika, maple syrup, cloves, onions, garlic, and salt and mix well until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add the wheat gluten to it and mix well and it is preferable to use the hand for kneading
- Place the dough on a floured surface and cut into balls
- We knead the dough again, put it in a tin foil, roll it into a cylindrical shape and tighten it
- We put the vegetarian ham in a bowl of boiling water and leave an hour on the water vapor.
- After letting the meat cool down, we cut 2 cm thick rings.
- We stack the meat in a tray and put pineapple pieces between them, and add to it the barbecue sauce consisting of olive oil, broth, paprika, maple drink, salt, cinnamon, and brown pepper.
- We put the tray in an oven temperature of 200 degrees and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After it is fully cooked, serve grilled pork with pineapple in a serving dish and add the remaining sauce to the cooking tray.
read more: Vegetarian Risotto