Vegetable potato soup is one of the best and most delicious vegetarian dishes due to its high nutritional value, and it is also considered one of the effective foods that help in losing weight, in this article, we will explain the benefits of vegetable potato soup, and why many people accept this healthy dish, in addition to that In this article, we will show you how to make a vegetarian potato soup dish in more than one way.
What are vegetarian foods?
Vegetarian foods are all foods that include whole grains, such as legumes, nuts, vegetables, fruits, spices and herbs, and vegetable oils, in addition to that, there are some vegetarians who eat milk and its derivatives from dairy and cheeses, and others eat eggs alongside milk.
Benefits of vegetable potato soup
The main ingredient in vegetable potato soup is the potato, this wonderful ingredient has a lot of benefits such as: –
- Maintains women’s muscle strength, as studies conducted by many researchers and the results of the study were published in the Nutrients journal, showed that many women who consume potato protein have increased the rate at which their muscles produce a new protein.
- Potatoes are rich in potassium, calcium, iron, and phosphorous, in addition to being fat-free, and they are low-calorie foods, and they also contain a large amount of vitamin C.
- Eating vegetable potato soup helps improve and increase immunity in the digestive system due to the presence of fiber in potatoes.
- Vegetable potato soup helps treat colitis and intestinal infections.
- Eating vegetable potato soup helps prevent rheumatism
- Vegetable potato soup helps prevent atherosclerosis diseases.
read more: How to steam vegetables without a steamer
How to make vegetable potato soup
Fasting vegetable potato soup recipe
- 3 cups of potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup vegetable milk
- 2 cups boiling water
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 cup grated vegetable cheese
- 1 vegetarian stock cube
1- We saute the onion with oil, then add the potato pieces to it and stir for a minute only.
2- Add the liquid ingredients that include milk and water, add the stock cube to them, and leave all the ingredients on the stove for 15 minutes.
3- Add salt, black pepper, and cream, and stir well until the cream is mixed with the previous ingredients.
4- The last step is to add the cheese, after which all the ingredients are mixed with a hand mixer
Note, it is possible to make a vegetable cream by soaking the cashews in water for a full night, then after that, we grind it with a little water.
Vegetable potato soup using mashed potatoes:
- Two cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup of carrots, chopped in circles
- A small spoon of butter
- A cup and a half of skim milk
- A teaspoon of salt and half a tablespoon of black pepper.
- Put the butter in a pot over the stove, add the onions and carrots, and stir for 7 minutes
- Then add the potatoes and milk and stir well until the ingredients are mixed and the milk boils and the mixture becomes thick
- After that, add salt and pepper, preferably served hot.
Creamy vegetarian potato soup
Creamy vegetable potato soup is one of the best types of soups suitable for the winter season, as it warms the body because it contains many nutritional benefits, and also because it helps improve the health of the digestive system and protects the body from atherosclerotic diseases.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 cups broth-based soup
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- black pepper
- We wash the potatoes well, then peel them and cut them into cubes.
- We bring a bowl and put the oil in it and leave it until it gets hot
- Add the chopped onions and stir until they acquire a yellow color
- Add the potato cubes and keep stirring for at least five minutes, until the potatoes are discolored.
- Add the soup to the previous ingredients, reduce the heat and wait for the soup to boil.
- After boiling, add the cream to the previous mixture and stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add salt and pepper and leave a minute, then we remove the mixture from the heat
- We mix the previous ingredients in a blender or use a hand mixer until smooth.
- After mixing the ingredients, the soup is heated again and served hot.
Vegetable potato soup with watercress
Watercress has multiple benefits in addition to the benefits of potatoes, so this soup is highly nutritious.
First of all, we will quickly review some of the benefits of watercress:
- Watercress helps in weight loss and is part of many dieting regimens.
- Watercress is very useful for every pregnant woman because it contains useful nutrients that complement the health of the pregnant woman and the fetus
- It protects the skin from aging diseases.
- Works to regulate the level of sugar in the blood.
- Eating watercress frequently works to regulate pressure.
- It has a role in helping smokers get rid of the harmful effects and effects of smoking.
- Helps improve digestion
- Every woman should know that watercress helps prevent hair loss.
- 4 potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups of water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- A cup of watercress
- Vegetable stock cube
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Teaspoon white pepper
- A tablespoon of vegetable oil
How to prepare
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add onions and garlic, and stir until golden
- Add the potato pieces and stir the mixture well, then add the water and vegetable broth
- Cook the mixture well over medium heat for at least 20 minutes, until fully cooked.
- We remove the mixture from the heat and add the mixture to the blender and put the watercress on it and beat well until it becomes smooth.
- Put the mixed mixture in a pot on the fire and add a cup of whipping cream and cheddar cheese and leave it on the stove for 15 minutes.
- The mixture is served hot.