The popcorn diet to lose weight in 2020
The popcorn diet to lose weight in 2020
The popcorn diet is one of the most followed in order to lose excess weight around the world as it is very simple and can be implemented easily, and popcorn is one of the best types of pastries that adults and children eat around the world and the diet magazine team provides you with the full details of the popcorn diet to lose weight.
It is one of the most popular dishes spread around the world within the list of pastries, as it is characterized by a distinctive flavor and multiple flavors, as it is light on the stomach, unlike the case with some other types of pastries that may cause stomach problems. A dish of delicious popcorn that is traded in the markets ready-made that can be eaten directly or prepared by the housewife.
Popcorn is often associated with movie theatres, parks, and also watching TV at home in a fun family atmosphere as it is one of the easiest and best types of pastimes that can be eaten. Contrary to many opinions that promote the harms of popcorn, the truth is quite the opposite, and we will know through the following lines On the nutrients in popcorn, as well as its benefits and details of the popcorn diet.
The nutrients in popcorn
It contains a variety of important nutrients for the body, including:
- Fibers that help protect the digestive system, reduce stomach problems, protect against constipation, maintain
cholesterol levels in the blood, reduce the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, as well as improve digestive
functions and greatly facilitate digestion and excretion.
- It also contains a small amount of calories, which makes eating large quantities of it does not cause weight gain
as an entire cup of popcorn contains a number of calories about 31 calories only. For comparison, basically, which
- means that eating a large amount of popcorn cannot cause weight gain.
It contains a large group of antioxidants that help protect the cells of the body and thus prevent the growth of cancer
cells as well as improve blood circulation in the body significantly and protect against breast cancer and prostate
cancer in particular.
The popcorn diet
- The most important general benefits of popcorn
- It gives a person a feeling of satiety that lasts for several hours, which makes you eat less food, which helps burn fats stored in the body and thus get rid of excess weight.
- It works to protect the body from heart disease and atherosclerosis, and it also maintains blood vessels in the body.
- Significantly reduces the level of cholesterol present in the blood.
- It prevents the formation of cancerous tumors, which protects against many types of cancer.
- Many people may not know this information, since taking it helps to secrete serotonin, which is responsible for feeling happy and calm in the human body.
- It significantly softens the intestine, which reduces constipation and improves the functions of the stomach and digestive system in general.
Benefits of the popcorn diet
- It contains very little calories, which makes eating it in large quantities does not cause any concerns about weight gain.
- Eating it gives the stomach a feeling of fullness, which helps to eat less food and thus lose excess weight.
- It protects against many stomach problems that dieters suffer from, such as feeling bloated stomach and constipation, because it is rich in dietary fiber.
How to prepare popcorn
- Bring the cup of corn grains available in all grocery stores and supermarkets.
- An appropriate amount of vegetable oil, preferably sunflower oil.
- A teaspoon of table salt.
- A teaspoon of black pepper.
- Bring a bowl-sized to match the amount of popcorn you intend to prepare.
- Put the corn kernels inside the bowl and top it with the amount of oil that you prepared.
- Add salt and black pepper to the corn.
- Cover the pot and place it on the stove, taking into account the low heat so that the popcorn does not burn inside the bowl.
- Once you hear the sound of the corn, it means that the popcorn is starting to cook.
- Wait until the sound stops completely, which means the corn kernels inside the bowl are completely ripe.
Lift the pot off the stove and leave it a little to cool.
- Bring your popcorn plates, top them with popcorn beans, and serve them to your family members, so you can enjoy a wonderful meal together.
The harms of eating popcorn
Despite all the benefits that popcorn contains, there is some recent research that talks about the harms of popcorn, and we confirm from our side that popcorn contains many benefits and that it is a healthy food, but it may be harmful at times, and we will explain through the following lines the cases In which popcorn is harmful:
- Prepared popcorn that is sold in stores to be eaten directly may sometimes contain some perfluorinated
compounds as these compounds prevent oil from leaking from the packages, but on the other hand, we find that
these compounds when exposed to high heat turn into another substance, which is perfluorooctanoic acid, which is
One of the most common causes of cancer and other health damages such as hyperactivity and attention deficit in
children are thyroid problems.
- Popcorn prepared in the microwave is prepared by types of hydrogenated oils that are classified internationally
among the most harmful and dangerous types of fats to human health, as trans fats cause many diseases and
threaten health in general and lead to many risks that we are indispensable for.
- One of the important factors that may make popcorn harmful is the way it is prepared, which is often
unhealthy in the case of pre-prepared popcorn and traded in the markets and shops, and it also makes it contain an
extremely high percentage of calories that can cause weight gain in addition to some stores. By adding flavor
additives, artificial flavours and some types of cheese that make popcorn a huge mass of harmful calories, as we
previously mentioned that a cup of homemade popcorn contains only 31 calories, while a cup of popcorn in movie
theatres may contain approximately 1200 calories. Makes the difference between them very large and here the
popcorn is very harmful to health.
How to avoid damaging popcorn?
As we previously mentioned that the harm related to popcorn lies in the way it is prepared and the packaging in
which it is placed, so these damages can be avoided by purchasing popcorn corn and preparing it at home without
any harmful additives or industrial flavours, as well as ensuring the cleanliness of the tools used to prepare deliciously
popcorn to ensure that it is not contaminated or Exposure to any of the causes of bacteria and viruses in order to
protect your family and children. We recommend that you avoid buying ready-made popcorn and preparing it at
home to obtain its benefits and avoid its harm.