Litchi juice…healthy way to prepare
Litchi juice is juice from a Chinese tropical fruit called litchi, and this fruit is one of the most famous fruits of the soapberry family, and its fruits are in the form of clusters.
Each of which contains a number of fruits ranging from two to 30 fruits that resemble strawberries in their red color, and they may sometimes be pink in color, Pink, or ambergris; It is a color ranging from yellow to orange, in addition to that, the fruits of some species may be mixed with green.
Description and taste of the litchi fruit
litchi is an oval-shaped fruit with a small size almost like a walnut.
And it has skin covered with nails that is thin and tough, but it is easy to peel when the fruit is fresh.
When it ripens it becomes pink and then turns bright red, and inside the flesh is a dark brown seed, similar to The fruit is strawberry-shaped, has a sour taste like pineapple, and has a tropical aroma.
The healthy way to prepare litchi juice
We have chosen the easiest way to prepare this juice without complications, taking into account that the recipe is healthy.
- Peel the litchi, then rinse it. (The number is as desired and depends on the individual case, and it is okay to increase)
- Cut the flesh with a knife and remember to take out the core as it is inedible and then put the flesh in a juicer.
- Add an appropriate amount of cold water to the juicer and be sure that you mixed them well
- If you insist on adding sugar, do not put in too much and remember that it is harmful to health, as you can replace it with honey
- After that, you can pour it into a cup of juice and drink it.
The benefits of litchi fruit and the nutrients contained in the fruit
- A rich source of antioxidants: including the antioxidant epicatechin. It is one of the types of flavonoids that may help improve heart health, reduce the risk of diabetes. And some types of cancer, and it also contains another antioxidant called rutin, which may contribute to reducing the risk of chronic diseases. Like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- Vitamin C also cures most viral diseases, reduces cholesterol, and it also produces collagen, connective protein in the body. And thus it is necessary for the health of connective tissues, such as skin, bones and tendons, gums, and blood vessels. And because vitamin C is produced in very small proportions in the human body, so one lychee provides our daily need.
Scientific studies on the benefits of litchi fruit
- One study published in the Journal of Chinese medicinal materials in 2015. Which was conducted on a number of mice with type 2 diabetes, showed that consuming litchi fruit extract in high concentrations, for a period of four weeks, contributed to increasing insulin sensitivity and improving sugar levels in Blood sugar, but it is worth noting that diabetics should be careful when consuming litchi fruit and monitor blood sugar levels regularly to avoid a severe drop in it.
- A study published in the Journal of Current Nutrition and Food Science in 2018. Which was conducted on 60 overweight and obese women, showed that taking a substance called Oligonol; It is a substance extracted from the litchi fruit, for a period of 12 weeks without making any adjustments to their diet. Which contributed to reducing the levels of triglycerides in their blood. And they did not notice an increase in weight, unlike girls who did not take this substance. Therefore eating litchi fruit may It helps reduce blood fats and control weight in overweight or obese women
- A study published in Nutrients in 2017 on mice with Alzheimer’s disease showed that using litchi fruit seed extract may significantly improve cognitive function and reduce neurological problems associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- One of the studies published in the journal Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods in 2012 showed that the Oligonol compound found in the litchi fruit may contribute to the expansion of blood Vasodilator without causing side effects or damage to the heart or blood vessels.
Other ways to prepare litchi juice
We were not satisfied with the traditional recipe only, as we have chosen a group of mixing fruits recipes that are good for health in general, and we have taken into account in our selection the great tropical taste.
litchi and snow pear juice
- Prepare 6 litchi fruits for each one pear.
- Rinse and peel the lychee, as we noted above.
- Remove and peel the snowy pears
- Place the chopped fruit pieces in a juicer and mix them completely
- It is preferable to sweeten with honey, and then the juice is ready
Pears are able to promote intestinal health as they are a good source of soluble and insoluble fibers.
Which are important for maintaining the health of the digestive system and intestines, as these fibers have a role in bowel regularity and soften stool.
Which reduces exposure to constipation and works to treat it.
It also contains a low percentage of calories like lychee, so it is completely safe for dieters.
Like lychee, it is an important source of vitamin C, which is one of the fruits rich in antioxidants.
Which helps to boost the immune system and fight various diseases that the body is exposed to.
litchi and yellow peach juice
- Prepare 6 lychees for each yellow peach
- Wash and peel the lychee, then wash the yellow peaches.
- Put the prepared fruit pieces in a juicer and mix so that they are completely mixed.
- Sweeten with honey, and the juice is ready to drink
Peaches contain a large proportion of vitamin C, such as lychee.
Which is considered a powerful antioxidant, which helps prevent the formation of free radicals and prevent types of cancer.
Peaches, like lychees and pears, are good fruits that contain dietary fiber that helps promote the health of the digestive system.
which protects against constipation, as it restores fluid balance in the body, which helps the intestine work better.
And much more as this combination will bring your life back to being balanced again.
and you will go crazy about this tropical flavor full of goodness.
litchi and dragon fruit juice
- Prepare 5 lychees for each Pattaya (dragon fruit)
- A small cup of yogurt, and an appropriate amount of honey
- Peel and cut the litchi into small pieces, then peel and chop the pita fruit
- Place the lychee and pita fruits in the juicer and add a small cup of yogurt and an appropriate amount of cold water
- The sticks are ready. You can pour them into the juice cup.
A rich source of vitamin C: The pulp of whole dragon fruit provides a large amount of vitamin C.
Which is approximately 154% of the recommended daily amount of this vitamin.
When a person consumes a diet containing 2000 calories per day.
Contribution to lowering blood sugar levels: A systematic review was published in the Plos one journal in 2017.
And included 401 studies, on a group of people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
The results showed that eating red dragon fruit from Before people with prediabetes.
It significantly reduced fasting blood sugar levels, and in contrast, dragon fruit had no effect on fasting blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.