Add these healthier herbal teas to your tea collection to keep diseases and infections at bay and get healthy skin and a clear mind.
Want to create a healthy diet routine?
You may already have considered adding a nutrient-rich diet to creating a lasting healthy habit. But, what about beverages? How do you avoid caffeine?
One thing you can do is start drinking healthier herbal teas as they are loaded with oxidants, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Herbal tea offers many health benefits such as fighting infection, reducing stress and anxiety, lowering the risk of chronic diseases, boosting immunity, and more.
Below is a list of the five best herbal teas and the health benefits they offer.
Chamomile Tea- Fall Asleep Faster
Taste: Bittersweet, mellow, honey-like taste.
Made from dried chamomile flowers, chamomile tea has long been used as a traditional remedy for many health issues ranging from insomnia to diabetes. The tasty beverage with a soothing floral aroma is considered a popular “bed-time” tea as it promotes healthy sleep.
Benefits of Chamomile Tea:
- Helps beat insomnia and fall asleep faster
- Reduces stress and anxiety and induces relaxation and calm
- Believed to have anti-inflammatory effects, helping reduce menstrual pain
- Can ease congestion, sore throat, and runny nose
- May boost immunity and lighten your skin
- Can lower blood sugar, reduce osteoporosis, and promote digestive health
Ginger Tea- Enjoy a Spicy Drink
Taste: Pungent, spicy, and slightly sweet.
Long been used as a traditional remedy, this healthy beverage with a spicy flavor packs a punch of health benefits. You may consume the tea made with fresh ginger roots or using dried ginger tea bags. The tea offers a warm, spicy flavor that entices your taste buds.
Benefits of Ginger Tea
- Fights stomach ulcers and helps cure nausea, indigestion, and constipation.It is especially effective for preventing and treating nausea in the early pregnancy
- Contains disease-fighting antioxidants and helps fight inflammation
- Helps strengthen your immune system
- May help prevent colds, ease congestion, and soothe a sore throat
- May offer arthritis relief and help prevent heart diseases
- May help relieve dysmenorrhea and period pain
Cinnamon Tea- Get a Clear Mind
Taste: Spicy, naturally sweet, and honey-like taste.
Cinnamon tea works wonders for your mind and body. This healthier herbal tea is specifically beneficial for advanced age people as it helps clear the brain and encourages the growth of natural pathways.
Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
- Improves focus and cognitive speed
- Reduces food cravings and promote weight loss by creating feelings of fullness
- Helps improve digestive health and calms an upset stomach
- Has antioxidants effects, helping boost immunity
- Protects against colds, flu, and infections
Peppermint Tea- Get a Healthy Digestive Tract
Taste: Minty, menthol, slightly sweet, and refreshing taste.
Popular in the Middle East and Africa, peppermint tea contains a natural mixture of peppermint plant leaves. It offers a rejuvenating cooling effect, making it a healthier “summer-time” tea. The tea may have the hints of fruit, chocolate, or vanilla- depending on the type of mint.
Benefits of Peppermint Tea
- A natural remedy to promote digestive tract health- helps relieve nausea, stomach aches, and indigestion
- Has anticancer, antibacterial, antioxidant, and antiviral properties
- May promote healthy sleep quality and reduce insomnia
- Peppermint herbs contain vitamins such as Vitamin A & C, calcium, and potassium
- May help reduce headaches and period pain
Lemon Balm Tea- A Refreshing, Balmy Treat
Taste: Brisk, balmy, mildly sweet, and refreshing taste.
Made from the lemon balm herb plant, the tea offers a fresh aroma and lemony flavor. Lemon balm leaves offer a calming effect, elastic skin, and are best for people suffering from anxiety, insomnia, and restlessness. Packed with many health benefits, the tea makes a wonderful addition to your healthier herbal teas collection.
Benefits of Lemon Balm Tea
- May promote skin elasticity, prevent premature aging, and help detoxify the body
- Helps uplift moods, reduces stress, and improves memory
- May help reduce anxiety and the frequency of heart palpitation
- May improve high blood lipid levels
- Helps cure high blood pressure and insomnia
- Some Other Herbal Teas to Add to your Healthier Herbal Tea Collection
Hibiscus Tea- has antiviral properties and helps treat high blood pressure.
Echinacea Tea- improves immunity and speeds up recovery from common colds.
Oregano Tea- helps prevent blemishes & wrinkles, cures osteoporosis.
Rooibos Tea- offers bone health protection, improves digestion, and is loaded with antioxidant compounds.
Try these herbal teas and enjoy aromatic, delicious beverage treats along with getting loaded health benefits.