1200 calories diet to lose weight as soon as possible
This diet is restricted and harsh and requires the person to reduce his daily intake to 1200 calories only, for some people 1200 calories is a very low amount and can lead to malnutrition, so be sure to refer to the doctor before following the 1200 calorie diet only to maintain Your health, read on to find out the details.
1200 calories diet
Diet recommendations are usually based on a 2,000-calorie diet, so consuming 1,200 calories per day may imply a significant reduction in daily calories, depending on a person’s usual caloric intake.
Larger people, such as males, active and breastfeeding individuals or pregnant women, or those with certain medical conditions usually need more calories each day than other people.
But for those who need fewer calories, a 1,200 calorie diet is usually safe and effective.
The number of calories a person needs per day depends on many factors, including age, gender, activity level, and body size.
Basics of a 1200 calorie diet
An adult person needs 1,600 to 3,000 calories each day to maintain body weight, and when a person consumes fewer calories than they need, the body begins to shed the extra weight.
The body does this first by burning fat, and then ultimately other tissues, including muscles.
Most people need more than 1,200 calories per day, so individuals who reduce their daily intake to 1,200 calories can expect to lose some weight. This can be beneficial for people who are overweight or obese.
And some research suggests that a low-calorie diet, such as a 1,200 calorie diet, provides additional health benefits. The National Institute of Health (NIH) notes that in animal studies, low-calorie diets helped animals live longer and lower their risk. Illnesses, such as cancer.
1200 calorie diet meals
People consuming 1,200 calories need to eat nutrient-dense food to avoid feeling hungry and prevent malnutrition.
Lean proteins tend to be very nutrient-dense and low in calories, in contrast, white carbohydrates, like white bread, contain more calories and fewer nutrients.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) trusted source provides menu plans and other information about foods to choose when following a 1,200-calorie diet.
Some other meal and meal ideas when following the 1200 calorie diet include the following:
- ½ cup of grated wheat grains with 1 cup of 1% milk.
- Low-fat yogurt with blueberries.
- Berry and banana juice. well boiled eggs.
- A slice of grain whole toast with peanut butter.
- A cup of fat-free
- cottage cheese with pineapple or strawberry.
- A cup of oatmeal with berries or bananas.
- ½ An avocado with a
- a cup of fat-free cottage cheese…
- A can of tuna with lemon juice or pepper.
- Arugula salad with cranberries, walnuts, lemon juice, balsamic vinaigrette, and a light sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- A cup of yogurt with honey, berries, and almonds.
- Almond Butter on a Whole Grain English Cake.
- Avocado with salsa.
- Roast beef sandwich with low-calorie mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomatoes on whole-wheat bread.
Dinner: The 1200 calorie diet dinner might consist of any of these options:
- 2 ounces (56.7 grams) of salmon cooked in vegetable oil with pepper or lemon juice.
- Avocado toast on whole wheat bread with a side of green beans.
- Sweet potato with margarine and 4 oz roast chicken.
- ½ cup brown rice with 1 cup of steamed vegetables and low-fat cheese.
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce and three turkey or soybean meatballs.
- Mixed nuts, unflavored or without added sugar.
- Peaches or mangoes, these fruits are perfect for dealing with sugar cravings.
- Guacamole (avocado sauce) and raw vegetables.
- ½ avocado with hot sauce
- 1 serving of unsalted canned vegetables.
- Peanut butter on a wholegrain toast.
- 1 ounce (28 grams) of unsalted pistachios.
- 1/3 cup chickpeas with raw vegetables.
- ½ 1 cup sliced peaches and 1 ounce (28 grams) brochette.
Following the 1,200 calorie diet does not necessarily mean that a person should avoid any specific foods entirely.
Allowing occasional snacks may make it easier to stick to this restrictive diet, however, high-calorie foods, such as muffins or cake slices, can make it difficult to stay below 1,200 calories during the day while maintaining daily nutritional needs. To your body.
A sweetener that can be added as part of a 1,200-calorie diet may include:
Small portions of sweetener and foods to be eaten between meals, such as one cookie or five chips.
Popcorn, which is low in calories.
Spiced and flavored whole wheat crackers, which provide a salty snack similar to potato chips.
also read: THE BEST ORGANIC CANDY
What you shouldn’t be eating on a 1200 calorie diet:
- Avoid simple carbohydrates as they provide less nutritional value and are digested quickly and thus you will feel hungry after a short period.
- They are found in sweets, soda, sugar, white rice, white pasta, white bread, sweet syrup, breakfast cereals, sweets, pastries, and all that contain simple carbohydrates.
- Avoid strictly saturated and trans fats because they cause weight gain due to higher calories and fat levels. Margarine, butter, eggs, milk, cheese, and red meat are all high in saturated fat.
- Avoid red meat because it contains high levels of saturated fats that raise cholesterol levels in the blood, and this, in turn, leads to heart disease.ِِ
- And Avoid eating fried foods such as fried chicken, fried foods, and fried potatoes.
- Avoid artificially sweetened soft drinks, even fruit juices that are packed with preservatives, and contain additives and artificial sweeteners that make you gain extra weight.
Maintaining your health during the 1200 calorie diet
It is difficult to obtain essential nutrients, such as proteins and fats, and micronutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, while following the 1200 calorie diet because it is low in calories, so it is important to read nutritional labels and talk to a doctor before trying this type of diet.